Thursday, September 29, 2016

Anxiety during Senior Year

Two months into my senior year of college, I am having some serious flashbacks to how
I felt my senior year of high school. The future seems so demanding and I can’t even
think about what I am going to eat for lunch tomorrow without getting stressed. I
immediately turn to calendars and planning out each day down to the minute to try and
find some sort of stability in a phase of such uncertainty.

In some of the more anxiety-filled moments, I love listening to the song “Captain” by
Hillsong United. Part of the chorus says:

Like the stars Your Word will align my voyage,
And remind me where I’ve been and where I am going
Lost in the shallows amidst fear and fog,
Your truth is the compass that points me back north”

These lyrics remind us that the Lord has a plan for our future even when all we see in
front of us is fog and confusion. The song echos Proverbs 3:5-6 promising that God can
be trusted even when we can’t make sense of the situation. As an added bonus, He directs
us through the future as we remain focused on Him.

I wish I could tell you exactly what next year holds for you and what your life will look
like in 5 years, but there is so much beauty found in taking each day boldly, trusting that
your future will work out just fine- not because of incessant planning, but because you
are the daughter of a Father who delights in laying the path before you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was originally written by Jordan and published in 2015 and remains one of our highest read posts. Today we wanted to re-post this for all of our senior ladies who may be struggling with anxiety during this time of the year. We love you and are praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment